The Department of Animal Production is included in the School of Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine(SASVM). It is operational as one of the original departments of the former ISAE since 1989.
This department has the principal mission to train competent professionals in sufficient number to contribute into animal resources development and management through high quality education, research and technology transfer activities.
Animal production is an exciting field that has application from production through agribusiness and processing as well as in research and other scientific endeavors.
- Deliver quality teaching on different subjects concerning animal production.
- Conduct research in the field related to animal production.
- Contribute to the community development, through technology transfer activities.
Livestock is one of the pillars for the Rwandan economy; therefore we must improve our institutional capacity as well as human resources in order to achieve our goals.
- Manage animal production in a farm business, sectors or districts,
DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION STAFF
- Eric Hatungimana
- Gilbert Mutoni
- Jean de Dieu Ayabagabo
- Marie Aurore Ugirabe
- Marie Christine Dusingize
- Marie Francoise Mwabonimana
- Mary Kabarungi
- Mbuza Francis Mugisha Baguma
- Nubuhoro Nkundakozera
- Patrick Mugiraneza
- Paul Serumagga
- Richard Habimana
- Valentin Mujyambere
- Yves Kamali
- BAHAME B. Livingstone
- BAREEBA Felix
- BYUKUSENGE Maurice
- Manage pasture, forage production and animal nutrition
- Use modern techniques and tools in animal genetic improvement
- Increase animal products for human nutritio
PROGRAMS Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Production
STRENGTHS OF THE DEPARTMENT FACILITIES
Animal Biology Lab
Animal Farms (Rubilizi and Busogo)
CAVM Veterinary Clinic (Busogo)